...like you care. Sing along with me anyways.
Roses.
I have "old lady" rose bushes in my back yard, and am one of the few people who likes them. They are all different colors. I cut them off, bring them inside and let them sit, even after they have dried up. The last bunch sat here for almost a year. It looked cool.
My new favorite thing. I order them from Ballard Designs. They are inexpensive, they have lots of different colors, patterns & sizes. My favorite thing about them is that they don't fade in the sun, and get this...you wash them by spraying them with the hose and letting them air dry. I have them all over my house.
Hooks.
I've ditched all of the towel bars in the bathrooms. No more towels in a heap on the floor, no more damp towels...I'm not really into decorative towel displays in the bathroom...so this worked perfectly. Bored yet?
This was our first big art purchase as newlyweds (sweet, huh?) I've always loved it and always will. It's timeless. At a time when things in our country are not going so smoothly, this is a nice reminder of how truely blessed we are (I had no intention of going all soft here) I love any American flag, but I especially love this one.
If you were able to sit through this...wow, I'm impressed!
14 comments:
The roses are really pretty! I am laughing about the rugs, cuz I need like 5! I think hooks are a good idea because you can hang up more towels. LOVE American flags!
I now have a new appreciation for roses - now I just need that cute tin, the granite counter top and the double sink!
yeah for your favorite things. you are one of mine!
Ballard design is the Best! I get so many trendy decorating pieces from there because they are affordable and I don't care if they break. I like your attitude - function over formal!
Oh...I'm definitely going to check out Ballard. Thanks for the tip.
I do the towel thing too. Much easier for kids to hang up their towels.
Love all your "Favorites"! I am a hook girl too. They just look so much better!
Towel hooks are great. I will have to check out the rugs.
Now there is one more thing I need that I didn't know I needed....towel hooks. Thanks.
You are a ho*ker?!
I was sure Lizzie's clothes would make the cut.
What a great post! The roses are beautiful. I love the rugs. Hooks? What a good idea! You'll have to do this 'favorites' thing more often!
I love that you love your home and the decorative accents and wanted to share them with us. Thanks for the rug tip -- always on the lookout for rugs that won't break the bank.
And, I like the flag too, but you said it is "timeless" -- you do realize we are now up to 50 stars right? :) Just checking cause you know there are some folks that aren't too sure about that. heh heh
I read each and every word with sincere interest!
I need to get some hooks! Great idea and I LOVE that you can HOSE off those rugs!! GET OUT!!!!
Thank you for the link!!!!!!!
This post was a true public service.
You have the best decorating sense. Ihave always loved the things you pick out! You need to do a decorating blog along with your cooking blog :)
I love favorite things posts...thanks for sharing!!!!!!
Post a Comment