Saturday, June 14, 2008

Week in Review...


The week started out with a family party on Sunday night for Matt & Zach's big #10! We had a full house, lots of yummy food & lots of fun!



Monday (the Big B-Day) started with Dad taking the three boys out to breakfast where they were told they could order ANYTHING they wanted...guess who had cheeseburgers, fries & root beer for breakfast???
They got to go to a movie & dinner with Grandpa Gordon, and they had a BLAST.

Playing with the new B-Day toys...

Swing Ball!! Thanks Eric, Angie & boys...you guys give the BEST gifts! They (we all) have had sooo much fun playing with this!
A rare thing for these two...HAD to photograph it!!

Grandpa Tom came to town to see the last Baseball game of the season! We ALMOST won. The tournament starts next week...cross your fingers for the Mets!

Swimming lessons (for Matt & Zach) ended with CPR on water noodles. This was a RIOT! Hey, whatever works!! They took a tough swimming course & earned their Aquanaut pin for Webelos in the process. Way to go guys!! NO MORE SWIMMING LESSONS...I promise!! (I've been a little neurotic in this area.)

Meet "Summer Camp Sam" This kid spent his days attending a couple of neighborhood day camps. I...he LOVED it! He came home with crafts & a smile. Who could ask for more?

John made us all very proud (seriously, the kids thought their dad was superman) by winning the hot dog eating contest at our Ward party.

3 1/2 dogs in 2 min. Way to go!!!

Lizzie was oh so patient this week buckled in her car seat as we chauffeured the boys around town. Her new phrase is "I go, too?" She really is so sweet!!

I got spend a little time this week trying new recipes! One of my most favorite things to do!



Two weeks of Summer vacation down! We are as busy as ever, but that's a good thing...right?

10 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Wow that sounds like quit the week. Looks like your boys had a great bday. I love the hamburger and fries for breakfeast. It reminds me of this show I watch John and Kate plus eight once a year they let there kids have ice cream for dinner. I think its actually a cute idea for a tradition. The burger thing made me thing of that. Your such a cute family looks like you guys have alot of fun together...

alison said...

I like all those pics. I would tell you which ones are my favs but I all of them are great. You forgot to mention how you've been throwing up. That's certainly blog worthy! Way to go John with the hot dogs. I never realized you were so talented.

Paige said...

That Lizzie may just be the cutest thing on the planet. Her brown and pink shoes are adorable- let's get 'em on Shoesday!

diane said...

There are a couple of hug pics I like.
Lizzie in the red skirt!!!

Bridget said...

Lizzie is so cute! Love the cheeseburger for breakfast idea too.

Tristan said...

Busy week! That pasta dish is makin my mouth water...and I LOVE strawberries so I am totally wanting whatever strawberry tart thing that is that you made! YUM!

♥Shally said...

Holy cow you are busy!!!

Lorena said...

Whoever said summer was a vacation never met you!

Emy5 said...

Hey there. I am new to your blog. Love the week in review. So fun. So much happens in just one week, right?

Lauren in GA said...

I loved the picture of them hugging each other on the couch :)

And little Lizzie asking, "I go, too?" Your kids are adorable. Happy Birthday Matt and Zach!