Monday, August 25, 2008

first day of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day has arrived...
The obligatory pictures in the front yard.
My Matt


Zachy boy


Sam the Kindergarten boy


The neighborhood Kindergarten crew

This is where I got a little choked up.

And also here..."Wave goodbye to your Moms!"

The traditional "first day of school" cake (actually it was a pan of brownies...I can NOT make a cake from scratch to save my life.)

It was a GREAT day for all!!
*I do need to mention that today was kind of a tease for the Kindergartners. They have Assessment Testing for the rest of the week, so Sam does not actually go back until next Tuesday. Try explaining that to the most excited Kindergartner ever. I don't even get it.
*Also...I didn't actually cry...I just got choked up. It happens EVERY year. Want to make something of it?

14 comments:

Heather said...

Just you and lizzie at home? You two could do some serious damage at the local malls!

diane said...

Could they be any cuter?!
The brownies are adorable. You are the best Mom ever.

Jennie said...

Precious!! thanks for the left over school brownies, we loved em.

Carin Davis said...

how can Sam already be in kindergarten!?!?!? your boys are so handsome! the cake/brownies tradition is fabulous! will you remind me of that next year??? my girls would LOVE it!!!

Tristan said...

I don't cry, I celebrate! But I only have a preschooler...does it change when they get older?

Kelley said...

Can I come to your house after school? Those are the cutest brownies ever and the best part is I'm sure they tasted as good as they looked!

dede said...

i love the first day of school pictures (ours didn't happen until the 4th day this year - but we won't remember that years from now)! Let me know if the "choked up" produces a tear or two next tuesday (it did for me - just one or two)! cute boys!

♥Shally said...

I cry.

Cry, cry, cry.

I don't even know why, because half the time the kid drives me crazy when he is home!!

CUTE CAKE!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are all so handsome! I saw them walking down the hill past my house, they looked like they own the school being big 5th graders. Looks like Sam was ready to go too... Ryan had a ball...and yes...it is hard to explain that now he's not going back until next week.

Annie Miller said...

Oh...I LOVE those brownies. How cute is that! Cute kids too :)

Whitney said...

First day of school, how exciting! I know I'll cry when Katelyn starts school.

Uriona Family said...

too cute!

What a cute mom you are to bake a special treat and everything! I could write another page in my growing book about annemarie the amazing mom!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved your, "Do you want to make something of it?"

The brownies are so fabulous! How cute.

Everyone looks great! I am glad that Sam is so excited to go to school...sorry, he has to wait...

diane said...

Brynn and I love Matt's hair. His outfit is the best.
Zach's shirt is so cute.
Sam is a stylin Kindergartner.
I love those boys!