*This post is mostly for record keeping purposes, and to remind our kids that we actually did do fun stuff when they were little...*
We took the family on a little mini vacation last weekend, a whole 30 min away from home...we stayed at Thanksgiving Point in a nice (it really was) hotel, went out for a nice (not so much) dinner, and spent a portion of the next day at the Dinosaur Museum.
Sounds fun, right????
If you ask the kids, they would say "YES! We had a BLAST!!"
If you ask the parents we would say (through clenched teeth) "Fabulous, a great time was had by all."
(and we would kind of be lying...just keeping it real, here.)
Checking out the hotel room...
15 comments:
I'm loving Matt's faux-hawk.
I know Lizzie had fun. That's all she wants to talk about.
Fun memories...for the kids.
Forget the vacation - you are stinkin' wasting away to nothing! you look so good!
I love the things parents do for their kids...you guys are great and your family is so cute!
PS--this is Jamie on my hubby's logon
You look so cute in all of the pictures, Annemarie!
I so hear you on several levels!! I too, take pictures to remind the kids that we used to do fun things with them when they were young.
Also...we do things that the kids love that we are like...well, that was 48 hours we will never get back.
It just proves that we are both stellar moms! ;)
Oh, and we always have to have the obligatory ride on the luggage cart, too ☺.
I wish I had known you were so close to our hood - we should have come to say hi! I am glad you kind of had fun. Sometimes just getting away where the phone doesn't ring and laundry doesn't need to be done, is a good vaca!
What a great idea! My kids love that museum. I wish they had a day camp there where I could just drop them off!! ;)
Jaxon used to LOVE it when we stayed in hotels. He still talks about it.
You guys are good parents. I am glad the kids had fun. Cute pics!!
I don't know why we vacation any where farther than Thanksgiving Point - the hotel is my kids favorite part!! Good job for building memories!! (and I think you look great too!)
How fun. We haven't been to Thanksgiving Point but every time we visit Utah I say "some day we will..."
How fun Annemarie! You guys are such fun parents, I bet your kids had a ball. Those kind of trips were the funnest when we were kids so I am sure they will remember it. Ok and hello miss skinny miny whats your secret.
They will totally remember it as the best trip of their lives. You will remember it for what it was. Way to go, good mom!
Cute idea!! Love the dinosaur museum.
Let's see...30 minutes from home....that would be Paige's house! Look out Paige, we're coming for the weekend! You'll be glad, my Jeff & Scotty will entertain the kids, Byron will clean, I will go shopping with you. Your Jeff will be earning millions. Everyone wins.
Great idea Annemarie!
You guys are such nice parents!
Just make sure not to tell anybody else's kids that this kind of vacation is possible or we're all in big trouble!
Post a Comment