Wednesday, May 28, 2008

just call me "Julie"...


Remember this chick?
Julie, the cruise director, from the Love Boat.
In two more days I turn in to "Julie" only we're not on a cruise, and there probably won't be a lot of love.
Every summer I feel like "Julie". It is my responsibility to come up with a daily plan of activities for the summer vacationers (my kids).
Wish me luck.
Where's "Gopher" & Captain Stubing when you need 'em?

14 comments:

diane said...

Maybe you can get Issac to make them some special drinks!

the wrath of khandrea said...

HEY! diane stole my comment! i was going to say you should probably just throw in the towel and go hang out with isaac in the bar.

diane... it's a good thing we were never college roommates.

Heather said...

Ain't that the truth? I dread the daily 'what are we doing today" line!
good luck!

Lorena said...

I LOVED that show! I always wanted to be the daughter. She had the coolest Dad and got to meet the neatest people.

Didn't she turn into a porn star, though?

Jake said...

Amen.

I did a post a few months ago about being a cruise director...it feels like that sometimes, huh?

I loved loved loved watching that every Saturday night!

Brandon and Tenille said...

I am not commenting on this post I am commenting on Dianes. Happy Birthday hope you have a great dat and celebrate its your day....

dede said...

good luck - we have never had traditional school and I don't think I could handle it - 3 weeks at a time is about all I can take - for me it is a good time to use all those memberships I get suckered into!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm making little door holders for the girls with their names and frowny faces so the neighborhood kids won't ring the doorbell a million times looking for my naughty children.

alison said...

I look forward to the buffet that needs to be provided to my children. Especially the one that is provided right before bed. The one that stalls their bed time 30 minutes.

The Love Boat, soon will be making another run.

The Love Boat, promises something for everyone....

Jennie said...

don't sell yourself short, you would make a fabulous cruise director!

♥Shally said...

Julie,

Could you email me a detailed list of all your activities so I don't have to worry about it?

Thanks a ton.

Jenibelle said...

I'll lend you my Jeffrey. He can take a paper clip and 50 kids and entertain them for hours and hours. He is born to be a cruise director.

He will only eat something if it ends in "ugget" so he's cheap to feed too.

Let's start the negotiations.

Carin Davis said...

oh I love that show!!!
you would be a FABULOUS cruise director!!!!

Linsey said...

I have been singing the Love Boat theme song for 3 days now - thank you very much! :)