...and I have a problem.
I like (LOVE) to bake.
My hips and thighs are suffering, and I don't think my neighbors appreciate me pawning off the goods on their doorsteps anymore.
I subscribe to over 30 baking blogs...my dealers.
I need help. And a support group. (Ilene? Jessica? Heather? Anyone?)
Doesn't a warm, fresh out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie sound fabulous right about now???
23 comments:
I don't know why you want me for support? i am just as bad (maybe not just as bad.. I don't have a baking blog...YET) about baking as you are!
I will be there to support you with every cookie you eat and each new baking recipe you try.... and dang if I don't wish that I was your neighbor so that I could be sick of all your creations!
I wish I lived by you...
i am a horrific baker. a great cook, but a terrible baker. i am a teeny bit envious of your skill. i think it means you are a more righteous latter-day-saint than i am.
I am almost a neighbor and will stop by ANYTIME!!! ;)
Baking is totally my thing too. And it is probably a good thing I don't have my own kitchen right now!!
Warm chocolate chip cookies are my fav! I have an amazing Paula Deen recipe that is so yummy! Full of butter!! ;)
You and I can check into the Betty Crocker clinic together, right next to the Betty Ford. Who needs drugs when there are pastries?
oooh how I wish I lived just up the street from you right now. I could go for a warm chocolate chip cookie! I love that you are a bake-aholic. I love reaping the benefits of your fabulous meals and treats. Don't ever stop because you inspire me!
Just box those babies up and send them my way mmmkay.
I didn't get the baking gene.
Somehow I missed the cake. Have you seen Julie and Julia yet? I loved it! You don't have a problem! You've got talent!
Hi, my name is Christie, and I, too, am a bake-a-holic.
Hi, Christie
If there's a support group for what we've got, sign me up.
I'll bring the refreshments. :-)
My mouth is now watering, my hands are shaking and I think I may have to go grab a cookbook.
You know what else I buy bulk at Costco?
Butter.
Stie, cracks me up...she'll bring the refreshments.
I must be an enabler because I just keep wishing that I was your next door neighbor.
You might need a new neighbor...we'd be happy in Bountiful!:) I love to bake too...and you can't quit...because you are one of MY dealers!!:)
I have the same addiction, and my neighbors don't love it much anymore either. Well they do, but they want to slim down too! Here is my new rehab, it is going well thus far, and is helping me curb my addiction to sweets - it hasn't helped to stop my love to bake - but now I just bake when necessary. kristiapproved.blogspot.com - a whole new world about eating clean and frequently, exercise plan included, etc. If you do it, use my name as a referral.
Good luck!
If your neighbors are tired of your treats, you can always mail them to me.
I say, if you can't help them - join them!! I will be making chocolate chip cookies in your honor tomorrow!
I'm Stacy Uriona's mother-in-law and I, for one, am GLAD you love to bake. I LOVE to read about what you bake and I especially LOVE the pictures you take of what you bake. I think you are amazing and talented. Keep it up!!
I have hit the sweet spot, finally, where my kids will eat almost all of the stuff I want to cook. I made a raspberry pie last Sunday...out of the oven at 7:00, gone by 9:00. It makes me so happy that I can now make stuff without totally eating the whole thing. Although then I'm just contributing to my kids' addictions, huh?
I've heard the only remedy for "Baker's Anonymous" is to share with neighbors whose last name is Clegg. I'm just saying... :)
I think that you should extend your neighbor radius...
Oh.....I want a raspberry pie Jessica. Come to California, bake for me. There are worse addictions, but they're not fattening. Darn it.
Annemarie...I knew I liked you.
I started down the long road of baking addiction when I was in junior high. Chocolate is my poison. Butter is my passion.
So I loved the line in the Julie and Julia movie..."When you've had a bad day, you can go home and cook butter and chocolate and sugar and they'll always get thick." (Or something like that.) Baking provides predictability and deliciousness in an unpredictable, nasty world!
Go forth and bake!
Sorry, you are getting no support from this end. We like reaping the benefits of your baking brilliance. :)
Post a Comment