I have felt so strongly lately that I need to relish this time of my life. I always wanted to be a mom. I thought college was a waste of time because I knew all I wanted to be was a mom (I think my grades proved this at times...)
It is very sobering to read stories like this and remember just how valuable and precious this time with my kids is.
Matt and Zach are growing into such honorable and good young men. I am so proud of them. They are courteous, kind and so friendly.
Sam keeps me smiling. He takes important thing so seriously and will be a great leader one day.
Lizzie's favorite thing to do right now is wrap her arms around me for a giant hug. At any given moment she will say "Mom, I love you."
Do we have bad days? Absolutely.
Do I want to pull my hair out at times and send everyone to their room? Definitely.
Would I trade it? Never.
I love these kids so much and love being their mom.
16 comments:
Annemarie, I loved every word of this post. It spoke to me on every level. Thank you.
I love all the wonderful things you said about your wonderful children.
Let me just add that at the VERY MINUTE I was typing this Matt was teaching Lizzie some gross potty stuff and laughing hysterically about it, and Zach & Sam were fighting.
That's it. Everyone to their room ;)
Isn't just that the way it goes? I find that my kids are their absolutle WORST the very minute I am thinking they are angels. We might as well just start thinking they're always monsters. Then they might actually behave.
Wow, heart wrenching blog. Thank you for the link. Now I need some Kleenex! It's amazing how we get so wrapped up in our daily lives and we take the little things like hugs and "I love you"'s for granted. Thank you for the reminder, Annemarie!
you have great kids. I would love being their mom too!
I agree with every single word - although I think that my kids are angels only when I am peeking in on them while they sleep! Ha!
We HAVE TO GET TOGETHER WHEN YOU COME TO SAN DIEGO!!!
Just tell me when and where girlfriend! We can go grab a great Weight Watchers approved meal somewhere! :0)
hsadleir@hotmail.com
You want me to cry don't you.
Your children are angelic at all times.
Excellent words. So, so true.
You have beautiful children! And they are so blessed to have you as them Mom!
Thanks for the reminder....
A girl spoke in our ward today about this very girl that you are referring to. she told me after that the mom is one of her best friends from college! Sooo sad!
I love being a mom too. Some days I want to scream, like you said... but mostly I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for my healthy, beautiful children.
Thanks for the reminder. Right before I read this, I was getting after Levi for opening and shutting the door a million times. Aye yai yai!!
So I had tears in my eyes as I read your sweet post about your cute kids, as well as when I read that blog you had linked to. What a killer.
I then read your above comment and continued crying because I was laughing so hard!
Ahhh...so is life! :)
You have always been a little mom...and such a sweet, beautiful one♥ So wise of your to cherish your little ones, they'll be grown in the wink of an eye.
Great post. I only ever wanted to be a mom too. It's the best calling in life.
That Lizzie needs to be on magazine covers, she is adorable!!
Post a Comment