Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Thanks for the BEST day ever, mom..."

You are welcome.
Apparently, all it takes to make a Birthday great is...
*a few presents


*Big Mac for lunch
(they seriously thought this was the coolest part of the day)


*first Court of Honor
where they received their Scout Rank Advancement,
and a sweet Birthday cake!



It about did me in seeing my babies in giant scout shirts with all of the other big kids.

Happy eleventh guys!
I LOVE you!!

13 comments:

diane said...

I'm so happy to see that nobody's heart stopped after eating their first Big Macs. A true right of passage.

Those big scout shirts make me a little teary too.

Happy Birthday boys! I'm so excited that you get to stay with us for sleep away camp. Woo hoo!!

Those new shoes are super cool.

queenieweenie said...

you are supermom!

we have to plan a get together...my second son is 11 too. They would have a blast. Swimming at Diane's pool?

Tristan said...

I want a Big Mac for my birthday!! You ARE the best Mom ;)

Happy Birthday to those handsome boys!!

Heather said...

You did it up right Big Mac and all!
Your boys could not be any cuter!

BTW - The big mac's got nothing on you - you look so good in those pictures!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday, Boys!! It looks like a great time was had by all! And congratulations on your first Scout rank advancement...Eagle Scout here we come!!

Lindz said...

Love those boys! I still picture them tiny little guys with their cute voices saying "hi" to Gerta & Friedel (?)

You need to move back by me.

dede said...

Happy Birthday boys!

I am going to be coming back to this post a few times today so I can copy their shirts - I never could figure out where the badges go and our court of honor is tonight! Thanks!

Whenever I see or hear Big Mac I crave one all day - thanks again!

Hollyween said...

A big mac? That's all it takes? Seriously, why did I invite fourteen kids to my house on Friday? Am I crazy?

That cake looks like a Costco cake. And now I'm really hungry.

Pyatt said...

THose are great pictures and they are such cute boys...they are going to be breaking hearts right and left soon enough!

Ilene said...

Now what birthday isn't complete without ice cream from a tub?

You are much too young to have 11 year-olds.

Lauren in GA said...

Ah, 11 Year Old Scouts. They look so handsome...I love men in uniform!

It feels so great to get to come and catch up on all of the posts that I missed. Thanks so much for all you have done for me. I am truly, truly grateful to you, girlie!

Now, I am off to go catch up on Diane's posts!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am so proud on so many levels:

1. the whole big mac as a novelty idea? love it.

2. i always forget your boys and my oldest are the same age. i know the truth about scouting, i applaud you for making it to the brown shirt.

3. for as much as i mock mormons, i love to see the same "my eternal family" theme in the background as was in our last scout pics. it makes me feel warm. mormons rock.

Liza said...

11? Can they seriously be 11? I think when I moved into the ward, they were in CTR 5, right? What darling boys, Annemarie. Love your kiddos!