Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...

These are always my favorite.
Thanks Sammy! He takes after his brother when guessing my weight. He knows what it takes to be the new favorite!!

Another favorite...

...I'm glad I'm as helpful as a pencil!

A new favorite...
String art. Love it.
I got two books full of string art that they have been working on throughout the year.
They were so proud of themselves, and so happy to give them as a gift.
I was so happy to receive them!
And this one is just plain cute.
I was inspired by my friend Kelley to inspire my mom (see how I work?) to make a skirt for Lizzie while she was in town last week.
I found some cute fabric and she got busy (without a pattern, mind you). I told her what I wanted it to look like and voila. It was completed in about an hour.
The shirt was left in my care. Not too bad for my first attempt at applique.
Thanks mom!
Happy Mother's Day!!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Your boys are awesome - your mom's still got it going on and Lizzie is just about as cute as they come!

diane said...

You are getting quite thin. You better eat some chocolate.

Are you freakin kidding me with the cuteness. Now, I knew it would be good but that is ridiculously fabulous. I hope you have more fabric to start whipping out some more adorable t-shirts. I see you got Mom's creative genes. She is talented x 2.

diane said...

I heard that the sandals I got her hurt. Bummer. I guess they will be going back...at least she wasn't afraid of them.

Liz said...

As helpful as a pencil? Wow, that's awesome! Pencils are WAY helpful! They can 'right' (write) our wrongs and erase our mistakes! Love Sam's paper, Love the string art, and Love the skirt!! I agree, your Mom is amazing!! It seems you are, too!!

Marci said...

Those are so funny and Lizzie's outfit is so cute! I work in the same way (coming up with great ideas for others to do) so I am especially impressed that you did the shirt on your own!

Lauren in GA said...

I love all of it!! The string art is so cool.

Being helpful as a pencil is quite an honor!

Love Lizzie's outfit. You and your mom make a great team!!

I love the color of your walls...I know I always say that...

Lindz said...

Nick gave me some string art too! I love their letters!

Your Mom could sell those skirts -v ery cute!

Carin Davis said...

Is your mom available for hire!!!!! That skirt is ADORABLE!!! Those books are such a treasure!!!!!!! What a great mother's day!!!

Jennie said...

i love the things your boys wrote, so funny!
Lizzie's little outfit is so cute! I bet she loves it

Tristan said...

I love the crafts! The string art is so cute!

LOVE Lizzie's outfit!

Clegg Family said...

Ok...I'm pretty sure my favorite Mother's Day gift would be knowing that my son thinks I weight 95 pounds! Classic.

You are an amazing Mom with adorable kids. Happy Mother's Day!

Ilene said...

It's so good to know that I am not the only daughter to pawn off sewing projects on my mom.

That being said, I hope my daughter doesn't expect to pawn off sewing projects on me when she is older.

My mom better live forever.

Super impressed with your applique.

Bridget said...

Lizzie's outfit is darling! YOu are super talented. You go girl. The Mother's day cards are way cute too.

Kelley said...

I love it. And the model is priceless!