Sunday, February 15, 2009

reverence police...



REVERENCE POLICE

Definition: Ward Clerk, or any man of large stature sitting somewhat nearby in the congregation (like the guy sitting in front of us today who I'm pretty sure was a football player...if not, he should have been)


Threat: Tell your kids that the "reverence police" monitor their every move during Sacrament Meeting, and if need be, will deal with you after the meeting.


Outcome: works like a charm (until one of these men are called as a Primary teacher or our Home Teacher...then the jig is up.)


I can't take all of the credit for this, one of my sister's friends does this. She is a GENIUS.

19 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, she is a genius, indeed! I so needed this earlier today. Thank you, my dear!

alison said...

Or you can have an old man with a walker squeeze your son's arm as hard as he can and yell at him to behave. ???? Nice comment. Where's my Valentine cookie on a stick wrapped up in cellophane and pretty ribbon?

Heather said...

Ok - Do you remember when we used to have the reverence child in sacrament meeting? They would pick a child before church would start and would have him stand up on the stand and fold his arms as the families were coming in - my kids would never be picked for that job!

Jennie said...

Who is this said man, called the reverence police? I am glad it worked out for you!!

Blanck said...

That is GENIUS! Must try that approach...

Jake said...

Will try!

Tristan said...

That is so awesome!!! I am so going to use that!

Sally said...

This is genius. Man. I am so going to find a police in my ward.

Bridget said...

I am TOTALLY using that next Sunday. Thanks!

diane said...

The reverence police ie. ward clerk, writes down all the names of the naughty kids and gives them to the Bishop. I bet he also gives a copy to Santa and the Easter Bunny.

tammy said...

I wish I would've thought about that when my boys were little. Somehow I think my 12 yr old won't buy it now. And isn't it sad that my 7 yr old acts better than the 12 yr old??

Liz said...

I used to give my kids 'reverence treats' when they were little. These were distributed when we got home from church. They started policing not only themselves, but each other as well!

Brandon and Tenille said...

That is so funny. Danget now you are going to have to be on the prowl for a new guy....

dede said...

LOVE IT! We use to sit in the row with that vent thing and tell Cameron that there was something in there, to make sure he was good! It was wrong, but it worked!

Clegg Family said...

Hmmm...I have a few ideas of who this "man of large stature" might be in our ward! :)

martha corinna said...

That is genius.

There are only a few children I dare use it on though, my oldest cries every time she sees a police car. I think I may have demonized the police a little too much with her, or she has very fragile emotions, which is probably the case, because I share absolutely no fault.

Jill said...

That's hilarious! Great idea.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you can also point out the black guy. it works on everyone except my kids.

Kelley said...

Adorable. Some people are so clever.