The fun started (for us) on the 23rd. Bountiful takes their Handcart Day Celebrations seriously. For the city, the party starts about a week before Pioneer Day.
Who knew that a 15 pack of glow sticks (for $1.99)...
We have quite the view of fireworks from our front yard. The fireworks are just about 1 block away & there are no trees blocking the view.
Next year...party in our front yard!!!!
On Pioneer Day we went to the Carnival! Again, FUN!!! The kids were in HEAVEN! There's rides, cheap food, blow-up slides...you name it.
Proof that I was actually there.
Covered wagon rides...
...and the necessary "post carnival melt-down"
We've only lived here for 1 1/2 years (and hope we stay forever!!) We had a BLAST participating in the fun! Can't wait 'til next year!!
16 comments:
I love the jammie kids. I guess you had fireworks twice, once out front and Lizzie put on her own display.
So fun.
That looks like so much fun! That picture pf you is really cute - I swear Girl - you have not changed and you are aging quite nicely!
You know I love Bountiful...and I have to agree...the best place to celebrate Pioneer Day we loved the parade...and the fireworks are FABULOUS!!!! You have a PERFECT spot in that front yard of yours!!!!!
btw...I hope you stay forever too!!!
Some day I am going to be there in Utah for Pioneer day. and dress up. And I like the pic of you as proof.
Oh looks like you and the kids had a good holliday. What a good mom you are.
Party at your house?? I want to come! So...where exactly is your house? Cute kids & great pictures. I love the one of Lizzie at the end. Don't we all have times when we feel like that? (By the way, I am LOVING her name!) E-mail me so we can 'talk' more: armbruster1@juno.com
Looks like you had fun... did you go to the parade... we did and it is always lots of fun. They throw so much candy out my kids think it equals Halloween. We love Bountiful and are staying forever so we're glad to be in such good company!
Julie deserves a raise.
too bad we were driving to o-town during the festivities. I love the post carnival melt down. Brooklyn had a post temple pics meltdown because it was sooooo humid today. awesome
Love the Lizzie meltdown. We had a Hallie meltdown at the parade. Good times.
That's it, I am not missing it next year I am there for sure!
love the meltdown...SO been there!
no fair by the way...there aren't any 7/24 celebrations in california!
Looks like you had lots of fun. We are coming to your house next year!!
Oh I miss the 24th of July-as you know it is not the same in San Diego!
What a fun day...I mean it pales in comparison to our Pioneer Day festivities in the church parking lot but hey...:) Cute pics too...!
I love that you included a picture of yourself.
Those are such great pictures of your kids and all of the festivites! I love the little flushed cheeks on that sweet little Lizzie. Your kids are so great looking...I really meant that...but, uh...not in a scary, lurker kind of way, Okay?
Post a Comment