What a week...it was crazy, it was busy, I'm tired and I'm glad it's over. I love to post cute pics of my kids and share all of the cute/funny stuff...but sometimes I HAVE to keep it real.
About two weeks ago we had a flood in our house that completely ruined a bedroom (when I say completely ruined I mean it had to be torn down to the studs), ruined my hardwood floors, ruined three library books, and ruined my nerves!!! We had "drying" equipment in our kitchen for six days that was loud enough to drown out any screaming that four kids (and their friends..and their mom) could dish out, repairmen coming and going (I feel for you, Lindz), and drywall dust all over EVERYTHING! In a nutshell, we have great insurance and the bedroom is rapidly being put back together, and on the upside...I really have been wanting to refinish my hardwood floors and now that will be taken care of :)! What is it with us and floods?
Over the past week the kids will have had three days off of school and I wish I could say that it has been wonderful and amazingly bonding but I would be lying. Monday brings another day off, and the week after that is all short days...yippeee! I love my kids, but come on!!!
Yesterday Sam decided to wash Lizzie's hair with juice while they were eating lunch (I guess I'm not allowed to leave the room for a minute to go to the bathroom)
I'm really happy that it's daylight savings! This is seriously one of my most favorite weekends, sad, huh?
And in my blog ramblings tonight I also decided to change the name of my blog...the first one was just too cheesy and was decided on way too quickly. This one just seems to suit me better. No, I'm not depressed...it's just a reminder of what I need to do more often! Don't be surprised if changes 20 more times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can always name your blog "Grin-and-Bare-It"! Or how about "Live Laugh Love and Cry"? "Calgon Take Me Away!" We'll have to get together on one of those lovely short days!!!!
Post a Comment