Tuesday, June 1, 2010

can't ignore...won't ever forget...

So...I celebrated a Birthday over the weekend.
Let's just say it was one of those "milestone" Birthdays that is tempting to just ignore and forget about. I don't usually fret about stuff regarding my age, but I do feel like this one has sort of snuck up on me.
Needless to say, had this milestone been ignored I would have missed out on a lot...
Stacy makes me this beautiful and sinfully delicious pavlova every year for me on my special day!!

Eric & Angie gave me this (probably because I never stopped talking about wanting one...)
Thanks, guys!
And John...well he really outdid himself.
Five days before the milestone he surprised me and told me he had called these six girls and arranged an overnighter here!
We shopped in Park City, we ate, we chatted, and we shopped some more!

Then he came up and we stayed a second night while these two stayed with the troops.
Thanks Johnny boy!!


I was completely showered with gifts and cards from family and friends.
Talk about the best.birthday.ever!!!
This ranked right up there with my 12th B-Day slumber party (12 girls/24 hours) yikes!
I will never, ever forget this Birthday!
Welcome 40!

17 comments:

Uriona Family said...

You deserved every gift, and every last minute of fun!!! I think you deserve even more...ready for some more fun yet?! :)

John is the greatest hubby ever!!! Winner winner, chicken dinner! You rock John.

As for your kids, I have never seen Lizzie so glued to anyone in all my life. I think Lizzie enjoyed her babysitters more than a little.

Heather said...

ANNEMARIE - HOLY SMOKES YOU ARE OFFICIALLY 40! BUT, IT WAS ENTERED WITYH STYLE AND FUN SURPRISES! JEN AND I REQUEST THE EXACT SAME DESSERT {PAVLOVA} EVERY YEAR FOR OUR BIRTHDAYS AS WELL. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTE FRIEND!!!

Marci said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was perfect...what a man to plan it all for you :)!

the wrath of khandrea said...

pat that man on the back! a job well done.

Alexis and Rick said...

Wow! That is so wonderful. I must say... I'm still shocked that you are the big 40! Let's just say you "age gracefully!"

Whitney said...

I'm glad it was great. You deserve it!

Jake said...

Can't wait to forward this to my husband. Great job! Happy fortieth. Thanks for blazing the trail. I'll meet you there soon.

Christie said...

Happy birthday, my friend. You deserve it and then some. Well done, husband.

Oh, and that pic of you and him? LOVE it. So cute.

Lauren in GA said...

I turn 40 in 9 days. I like how Gabi said you blazed the trail. You make 40 look fantastic and fabulous, girlie!

John did a fabulous job!!! What a great guy, you've got!

Happy Birthday, Annemarie. You deserve all things fabulous!!

Holly said...

Can I say I am jealous that I wasn't there? It looks like you had a smashing great time. Happy Birthday to you!!!!

diane said...

You look so good. I'm loving your hair. The babysitters had a great time and keep telling me funny stories. Well done John.

♥Shally said...

Happy Birthday!

I am creeping up on 40 too... seems wierd, huh?

Your hubby did good!!!

Tristan said...

I'm glad you were completely spoiled! You deserve it and you look gorgeous and fabulous!

Jennie said...

It was a fabulous time! Thanks for letting me celebrate with you. :)
We need to have a girls night more often!

Clegg Family said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! You make 40 looks beautiful and young! Glad you had such a great day....

Jessica said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Happy birthday, favorite blog friend! What a great husband--I think I'll have to casually mention what He did to Ryan in hopes that he'll get some ideas for upcoming birthdays for me!

Hollyween said...

Wow. What a great birthday from your hubby! Tell him to talk to MY hubby come October. I could really use a b-day like that!

I LOVE the last pic!