Wednesday, October 14, 2009

artsy craftsy...

I love a good craft project. Especially one that requires power tools.




I got this idea from cute Alexis, who got it from Better Homes & Garden. It requires a foam pumpkin, twigs and a drill (my favorite part!) I made mine on the bigger side because it sits on a long table in a big room.
Children doing homework: beware! This thing could take out an eye. I love it, though. Not too sure how I will store it, but we'll worry about that when it's time to get out the Christmas decor.

13 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

store it?? why not ditch it and make it an annual tradition to send the kids out for new sticks. plus then you can play with the power tools again.

Tristan said...

I love it!! It is really cool! I like the sticks and the fact that it is so simple and not too froofy.

Carin Davis said...

SO CUTE!!! I love the wreath on the back of the chair too!!!

diane said...

I've never used power tools unless a glue gun counts. I love your runner; that is supposed to be a wink. I've never done that before either. It looks fab.

My wv is stiocks...hee hee

Lauren in GA said...

It looks really, really cool and unique.

It really could put out an eye!

I love your kitchen. The white with that pretty paint color is so lovely.

diane said...

I forgot to mention how cute Lizzie is. You better put that drill up high or she will start drilling up a storm.

Christie said...

I love the use the power tools, especially because it makes the husband so mad. Hee hee hee...

Love that centerpiece. I want one.

Lisa-Marie said...

So very cute. And my first thought was the same as Andrea's. Keep the pumpkin, trash the sticks. (Unless you paid for them. Then, it might be a different story.)

I LOVE the "wreath" on the back of your chair. Do you have those in all holiday varieties? So cute!

Jennie said...

very very cute! I love that idea. It looks like a spooky old tree right on your kitchen table. i want one!!

Alexis and Rick said...

Umm.. how come yours has to look better than mine?! Lame AnnMarie... show me up why don't you. :) I love it!

Hollyween said...

I love it.
I so so so wish sometimes that craftiness was included in my genes. Sadly, no.

In other news: your word verification word is: TRAPHOG. What do you think a traphog is? I'm thinking that's my new word of the day.

Jake said...

That's so cool, Annemarie! I love glimpses into your home. It is lovely.

tammy said...

Love it.
And now I need one.