Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm thankful for...

Babysitters that don't just come over and sit, but actually do fun stuff with your kids while you're away...

Crate & Barrel for (after 11 years) still carrying the dishes I bought when I got married and can be purchased "open stock" so everyone can have matching place settings for upcoming Holiday meals...(I'm a little uptight about stuff like that, stop laughing)

UPS for delivering said dishes in a timely manner so I don't have to worry about things not matching, resorting to paper plates, etc. (again, uptight)...
Airborne. For when everyone around you is, or has been sick and you are afraid of being sick for upcoming Holiday meals that you are cooking...I swear by this stuff.

Double ovens. I'm happy that I don't have to worry about what to cook first (again, uptight. Stop rolling your eyes)
The BEST cookbook for Thanksgiving. It was purchased on clearance several years ago from Williams Sonoma (when I could have cared less about how to cook a Thanksgiving meal) I love it.
Bath & Body Works FOAMING hand soap. Everything else just ends up in clumps in the sink. Why can't they come up with a foaming toothpaste for kids???

This plaque that reminds me on a daily basis of what is truly important...and also (upon picture taking) finding the missing orange nerf gun dart in the foliage. Just keeping it real.



Of course there are many, many things I am thankful for that would bring a tear to your eye, and mine... but I also think it is perfectly fine to be grateful for the trivial, daily things that make my life easier!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

16 comments:

Terra said...

What a lovely post! I am so glad I stopped by. I have never tried airborne but have been tempted and now I might be even more tempeted!

Bridget said...

I love Crate & Barrel too. We went there on our date night before we saw Bond. We got our flatware there and we needed some more. I am grateful for my double ovens too. It sure comes in handy on Thanksgiving when you're cooking/baking all day.

queenieweenie said...

That is the cutest plaque!

Post a picture of your place setting. We all want to know if you had good taste when you got married :)

diane said...

I'm thankful for a sister who is also my BFF. Love you.

Heather said...

So... who is coming for Thanksgiving?
I wanted to see the plates!

Linsey said...

Oooh, I love Crate and Barrel and good babysitters and double ovens (though I would never use them) and matching place settings and Bath & Body Works...and, um anything I can't get right now.

Mostly I would just love a second rack in our one oven, what kind of oven only comes with one rack? It's going to take ages to bake the rolls!!!

Carin Davis said...

Looks like you are set! Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!!!! btw...how cute are those turkey handprints!?

Jennie said...

yeah, you better just keep on downing that airborne! cause the sickies are coming! he he he

alison said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Thanks for the post. I very much like it. I hope the best for you on your day of cooking and enjoying!

Jessica said...

There is nothing in the world I want more than double ovens. I'm serious.

Except to lose this baby weight.

Which would probably be hindered by double ovens. But I'm going to want them anyway.

Lucky you@

Christie said...

Amen, sister, on all of it. And you are a genius on the foaming toothpaste. There's your million dollar idea. Get working on it, will you?

Happy thanksgiving, friend!

Lauren in GA said...

Foaming toothpaste? Brilliant!!! You are positively brilliant!!

Such a great post! I want some double ovens now, too! That is so splendid!

I enjoyed the, "stop laughing" and "stop rolling your eyes"...I promise I wasn't doing either...but I did chuckle when I read them you funny girl, you!

angie said...

Love the sitters who are actually helpful and entertaining and helpful.... haven't had a great sitter like that since Amanda! Love the B & B works foamy soap. It's fab!

Hazen5 said...

Fun post, but I wanted to see your plates!!!

Jill said...

Cute post! Hope you had a happy Tday. I LOVE the foaming soap too. I have tons on stock :)

The Anderson Fam said...

I absolutely love your blogs. From the food, cute kids and great stories. You keep me laughing. Keep up the cute work. Oh yeah, you may not remember me but, I was in your old ward. Your kids are so darling.
Great blog!!