Wednesday, April 27, 2011

tales of a second grade field trip...

I was one of the lucky volunteers that got to accompany the 2nd graders on a field trip to see African Cats. Not a bad one to volunteer for, I have to say. Excellent movie.


If you go with a group of 2nd graders, though, they will reprimand you for texting during the movie. (I was giving my husband the play-by-play). They were serious. They even tried to confiscate my phone. Gheesh. The movie hadn't even started yet.


I got to ride the bus (if you've experienced this before I don't need to add anything else. I have many times, yet it's always a little adventure...ifyouknowwhatImean.) The other mom volunteer drove herself to the theater because buses make her sick. I don't know whether to roll my eyes or pat her on the back and call her a genius.


We took some pics with my phone.

My second grader is the cute one on the right, although they look like they could be twins!


The cute little girl that sat next to me (because it would seriously cramp Sam's style to sit with me. Whatever) was quite the conversationalist. She was talking about money and the $150 she has saved up. I asked her what she was saving for and she looked at me with huge blue eyes and sparkly hair (from her new barbie hair dryer that shoots out glitter...remind me not to buy that one) and said, "College."

Duh.

Then she wanted to see the contents of my purse. All of the contents. Luckily I switched to the small one for the occasion.


Second graders are smart and funny. I had a great time!!


6 comments:

Uriona Family said...

Weren't you saving for college in second grade?! DUH! What's wrong with you! :)

What a brave mom you are.

tammy said...

This made me laugh. And remind me to clean out my purse the next time I'm going on a field trip. Although one time our bus broke down, and I was thinking snacks, drinks, games, and a porta potty would all be good things to take from then on.

Christie said...

That sounds way cooler than the field trips I have to take with my kids. Give me a good animal movie anyday over the zoo or the arch.

Clegg Family said...

Sam looks so old to me...maybe it's the field trip bus? Maybe it's the glasses? Maybe it's because he's not sitting by you because that's so not cool in 2nd grade? Regardless, he is so cute.

I also am still laughing about your post about the cute orange purse from Old Navy!! Classic.

Lauren in GA said...

That is a mighty cute second grader you've got there.

I had to laugh at your phone almost getting confiscated. Those kids run a tight ship.

I like your green purse keychain. ☺

Grams said...

Sounds like you had a blast. The content of you purse, sound like Lizzie....Cute key chain, cellphone,
that other cute flowered thing must be where you carry all of the big bucks.....You are very brave to go anywhere with 2nd graders. Love the picture of Sam....gosh he is so cute. Love that boy.