*stairwell leading to the basement*
Lizzie had gotten hurt running up the stairs. I sat down to hold her for the whole 10 seconds it took to console her before she ran off to play some more.
She left...I stayed.
It was quiet.
It was a little dark.
It was AWESOME.
When the boys found me there (after a lengthy 3 min) they immediately asked what was wrong!?!
"Are you ok?"
"WHY are you just sitting here?"
"Are you crying, cuz you look like you might cry."
After explaining to them the what & the why one of them said:
"Man, I thought someone had died."
Wow.
11 comments:
i totally get it. sometimes i dawdle on the pot, just for a few extra seconds of peace. (even though half the time the kids are bangin' on the door. but still.
i'm glad no one died.
How can you go wrong? It's not messy so you don't think about something you have to do!
That looks to me like the perfect spot. I wonder if laying down on the stairs would have made it more comfy- and more curious for your kids.
whoa. paige! out of witness protection. nice.
this is a great story. i'll bet thousands of moms across the country could recount it word for word.
I can relate.
I had to laugh when you said how the boys found you, "after a lengthy 3 min"...yeah, no rest for the weary, huh?
I also laughed at Lisa-Marie saying, "i'm glad no one died." I second that.
Just when you think that no one notices you something like this happens and you realize that you are the touchstone for the family. They need you to be okay so they can be okay. I love those moments.
Much better than my quiet thinking place (sitting on the floor, barricading my master bathroom door with my body). There's probably a lot less hair there. What is it about bathrooms and hair? How do I have any left on my head at all? And I sweep ALL THE TIME!
Ha ha! they are so cute! that is so funny.
I "hide" in the laundry room. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Isaac has recently decided he likes doing the laundry so now my place of peace is no more. Snif.
I did that once in my girl's walk in closet. My son found me and was very concerned. At first I thought it was about ME, but turns out he was worried I wasn't going to get out of there and fix dinner. So hard to catch a few "just for me" moments isn't it?
I may have nightmares from that picture of your stairwell. Shudder...but I'm glad that you found a moment of peace there.
Post a Comment