Wednesday, March 17, 2010

st. patty's day ramblings...

I wish I could say I was one of those cool mom's who goes all out for this "special" day (kind of)

The Leprechaun's have made an appearance a time or two in our home in the past, this year they decided they were too tired.
When asked at church on Sunday if the Leprechaun's stopped by Sam announced that they peed in our toilet last year. That's it. That was the only info he gave (sorry Holly). He failed to mention the green footprints ALL OVER THE front porch, entry way, bedrooms & hall leading up to the green pee. Gheesh.

It was fun watching the kids pick green attire this morning. Don't you remember trying to decide whether to go all out or do the whole "I'm wearing green underwear you just can't see it." bit as a kid?

Two boys in this house wore green shirts and one just counted the neon green bracelet he got when we went miniature golfing Saturday. Yep, it's still on. It's really clean, too.

The little girl was so proud of the green outfit she picked out (more LOUD than green, really). Yes, she wore this the entire day. We even went to the zoo. She looked awesome...and she knew it.

Really, this is what St. Patrick's Day is to me.
Another reason to make sugar cookies!
Can you blame me?

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

15 comments:

Kelley said...

I love your little leprechaun story! That little girlie is too cute. How can you stand it. You are killing me with that sugar cookie. I have been craving one so bad! The green bread is not going to suffice.

Amanda said...

Goodness I am loving being around that girlie! We did indeed have to rescue her poor lil' stretchy skirt on Sunday, the look she gave me was just too cute. Very much 'help me!' face. So funny! Hope she showed you her flower she made, it was very pretty!

Amanda said...

P.S. Almost just hugged one of your boys just now. You are my hero, thanks for improving my sick day!

Heather said...

I am sure she is representing for all the little leprechauns out there - I am sure they dress the same way!

And green pee in the toilet is the best!

GIMME a cookie!

Christie said...

Between her outfit and the sugar cookies - I really want to spend St. Paddy's at your place.

Lauren in GA said...

Those cookies look so delicious...and so does that sweet little Lizzie. What a doll, she is.

That sounds like something my boys would report in Primary. I feel very close to you ☺.

Tristan said...

Love her green and loud outfit!! My mouth is watering over those cookies!!

kara jayne said...

as long as my kids get a green breakfast i feel like a champ. there is just too much pressure with all these holidays.

oh, and can you just pop those cookies right into my mouth? seriously. please post a recipe.

the wrath of khandrea said...

no kidding. lizzie + cookies = favorite st. patty's day post.

Jennie said...

Ha! Brooklyn and Lizzie would have been quite the pair yesterday. She wore her green easter dress from last year with bright pink tights and her pink boots. They would have looked so cute together.

queenieweenie said...

send me some!!!

diane said...

That girl has such panache!

Mmmmm cookies.

Clegg Family said...

I have a hunch my St. Patrick's Day would have been just that much better if I could have eaten one {or two} of those yummy looking sugar cookies!

...and you are to "one of those cool moms!"

ashli said...

want the recipie for those cookies right now! please post…pleeeeease.

Holly said...

So, in my haste to get to Colorado I missed this post. May I say Miss Lizzy is more than adorable and I meant to ask you about that whole pee in the toilet thing.
Now I get it.